Dharma Talk by Rev. Zenju Earthlyn Manuel (online by video)
June 21 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Rev. Zenju Earthlyn Manuel, of Still Breathing Zen Meditation Center in Oakland, will lead our meditation and offer the dharma talk. Rev. Zenju is a dharma heir of Buddha and the late Zenkei Blanche Hartman in the Shunryu Suzuki Roshi lineage through San Francisco Zen Center (SFZC). Her practice is influenced by Native American and African indigenous traditions. She is an author, poet, teacher, artist, and drum medicine woman. The essence of her teachings come together in her talks and books. The Deepest Peace: Contemplations from a Season of Stillness; Sanctuary: A Meditation on Home, Homelessness, and Belonging, The Way of Tenderness (print and audio); Tell Me Something About Buddhism; and Black Angel Cards: 36 Oracles and Messages for Divining Your Life.
• Dana for her can be offered through: PayPal.me/Zenju
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we meet online using Zoom video conferencing software. We will resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Meeting ID for Monday Evenings: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82008151977
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you Wait for the host to start the meeting click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting.
- The program will begin at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 30 minute sitting; 5 minute chant; announcements; then a 30-40 minute Talk/Discussion.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID and password.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute