- This event has passed.
Practice Talk by Paravrtti Doralee Grindler Katonah (ONLINE)
June 1 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
“The Gift of Zazen is ILLIMITABLE! Don’t Waste Any Time!” In her talk Doralee will share encouragements for quickening our practice. Doralee serves as our Ino (head of the mediation hall) and is also president of the VSZS board of directors. She was priest ordained in 2019 by Sojun Diane Martin.
During the pandemic, we will meet online using Zoom video conferencing software. To receive the Meeting ID# and password for each meeting, please Sign Up for our Weekly Emails.
*To join the meeting by computer, you must install Zoom software:
- Sign Up for Weekly Emails to receive each Meeting ID#
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you “Wait for the host to start the meeting” click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/[Meeting ID]
- If you cannot download or run the application, you can join from your browser. (Using Chrome or Firefox works best for this.)
- We will start at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 20 minute sitting, followed by chanting, Dharma talk & sharing; then announcements – about 1 hour total.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID#.
- The one tap string of numbers are included in the Weekly Email.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute
We will continue to monitor local health advisories regarding group meetings. We of course hope to be able to resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so. Valley Streams Zen Sangha is dedicated to the study of Buddha’s teaching and the practice of meditation. We invite newcomers and experienced Zen students to join us.