Dharma Talk by Sessei Meg Levie
February 1 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Guest teacher, Sessei Meg Levie, MA, has been practicing Soto Zen for almost 30 years and has lived in residence at all three centers of the San Francisco Zen Center. She received ordination as a Zen priest in 2003 from Tenshin Reb Anderson and held the position of Shuso (Head Student) in 2007. As a professional coach, she specializes in working with executives who approach their work from a Dharma and practice perspective, and she is very interested in how core Buddhist teachings can shed light on the challenges and possibilities we are encountering in the world today.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we will meet online using Zoom video conferencing software. We will continue to monitor local health advisories regarding group meetings. We of course hope to be able to resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so.
*To join the meeting by computer, you must install Zoom software:
- Sign Up for Weekly Emails to receive each Meeting ID and Password.
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you Wait for the host to start the meeting click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/[Meeting ID],[Password]
- The program will begin at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 30 minute sitting; 5 minute chant; announcements; then a 30-40 minute Talk/Discussion.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID and password.
- The one tap string of numbers are included in the Weekly Email.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute