- This event has passed.
Dharma Talk by Dr. Grace Dammann
March 8 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Dr. Grace Dammann, a physician who was honored by the Dalai Lama for her extraordinary work with AIDS patients, was a resident of Green Gulch Farm for many decades. Her life was changed when she experienced a head-on collision on the Golden Gate Bridge. After 48 days in a coma, Grace miraculously awoke. Once the thrill and euphoria of survival had passed, the hard, painful work of rehabilitation and caregiving began for Grace and her caregivers. Today, Grace runs the Pain Clinic at Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center from a wheelchair.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we meet online using Zoom video conferencing software. We of course hope to be able to resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Meeting ID for Monday Evenings is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82008151977
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you Wait for the host to start the meeting click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting.
- The program will begin at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 30 minute sitting; 5 minute chant; announcements; then a 30-40 minute Talk/Discussion.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID and password.
- The one tap string of numbers are included in the Weekly Email.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute