- This event has passed.
Half-day Sitting, followed by Jizo Ceremony (online)
April 3 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
This half-day sitting (9 am – noon) will be followed by a Jizo Ceremony to celebrate the arrival of McKinsey Shrader, Joshua and Laura Shrader’s soon-to-be-born second daughter. Rev. Doralee Grindler Katonah will offer the dharma talk and lead this special ceremony.
Jizo, known as the ‘Earth Store’ or ‘Earth Womb’ Bodhisattva, embodies and transmits the qualities of fearlessness, tenderness, and open heartedness – qualities that protect the mother and cradle the child during birth. Everyone is invited to participate by offering blessings and good wishes through a spoken prayer to Jizo. The prayers will be typed into the Zoom chat and later made into prayer flags for the family to hang.
Register on Eventbrite.com
A detailed schedule and Zoom Meeting ID will be sent to all who register.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we will meet online using Zoom video conferencing software. We will continue to monitor local health advisories regarding group meetings. We of course hope to be able to resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so.
*To join a meeting by computer, you must install Zoom software:
- Sign Up for Weekly Emails to receive each Meeting ID and Password.
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you Wait for the host to start the meeting click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/[Meeting ID],[Password]
- The program will begin at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 30 minute sitting; 5 minute chant; announcements; then a 30-40 minute Talk/Discussion.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID and password.
- The one tap string of numbers are included in the Weekly Email.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute