- This event has passed.
One-day Sitting: Riding the (Mind) Donkey
May 1 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a day-long meditation retreat with a Dharma talk by practice leader Rev. So On Jim Hare. “Riding the ox” or “riding a donkey” are phrases used in Zen stories to describe our responsive encounter with mind-consciousness during sitting meditation practice and in our daily lives.
We will look at a couple of these stories during our day of mostly silent sitting and walking meditation. Some experience with day-long sitting is recommended, but everyone is welcome. A schedule for the day and Zoom link will be sent to those who register. Your generosity makes these sittings possible. Thank you.
• REGISTER on Eventbrite.com
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we meet online using Zoom video conferencing software. We will continue to monitor local health advisories regarding group meetings. We of course hope to be able to resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so.
*To join a meeting by computer, you must install Zoom software:
- Sign Up for Weekly Emails to receive the Meeting ID and Password.
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you Wait for the host to start the meeting click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/[Meeting ID],[Password]
- The program will begin at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 30 minute sitting; 5 minute chant; announcements; then a 30-40 minute Talk/Discussion.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID and password.
- The one tap string of numbers are included in the Weekly Email.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute