Virtual One-day Sitting, led by So-On Jim Hare
July 11 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
In this time when our usual freedom of movement continues to be abridged, we can arouse the mind and spirit that is not dependent on movement. Please join us for this gentle day of sitting together virtually, which will include a Dharma talk by Practice Leader So-On Jim Hare.
Register on Eventbrite.com (No charge but donations are appreciated.)
*To join the meeting by computer, you must install Zoom software:
- Sign Up for Weekly Emails to receive each Meeting ID#
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you “Wait for the host to start the meeting” click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/[Meeting ID]
- If you cannot download or run the application, you can join from your browser. (Using Chrome or Firefox works best for this.)
- We will start at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 20 minute sitting, followed by chanting, Dharma talk & sharing; then announcements – about 1 hour total.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID#.
- The one tap string of numbers are included in the Weekly Email.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute
We will continue to monitor local health advisories regarding group meetings. We of course hope to be able to resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so.