ALL IN-PERSON MEETINGS ARE CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Join us ONLINE for MONDAY NIGHT PROGRAMS & THURSDAY MORNING STUDY GROUP (see below and specific calendar date for instructions)
To help us maintain our practice in community until we can meet again in person at the Dharma Center, we invite everyone to join together for an online program via the video conferencing app Zoom, or by telephone. We will be meeting in this way until local health officials advise otherwise on how best to avoid the spread of COVID-19 virus.
- If you don’t have it, download the Zoom Client for Meetings app. (13 MB)
- Each meeting will have a unique Meeting ID Number.
- Go to our Calendar to find the Meeting ID number for the Monday (7pm) or Thursday (8am) program you want to join.
- If you prefer to join by telephone, call +1 669 900 6833 and follow the prompts for entering the correct meeting ID number.
- You may also enjoy listening to our archived Dharma Talks or online programs offered Hartford Street Zen Center and San Francisco Zen Center.
Valley Streams Zen Sangha is dedicated to the study of Buddha’s teaching and the practice of meditation. We invite newcomers and experienced Zen students to join us.
Our sangha is maintained by a community of people who have traveled many different paths. We come together to support each other in practicing Buddha’s way.
The highest value of Buddhist practice is to shine the light of awareness on habits of mind that perpetuate prejudice and discrimination so all may wake up together. This includes learning how we are conditioned to separate ourselves by race, gender, age, ability, sexual orientation and other forms of cultural identity.
Valley Streams Zen Sangha is affiliated with the Branching Streams network of the San Francisco Zen Center. Our forms and practice are inspired by the teachings of Shunryu Suzuki Roshi.
Our Monday night programs always begin with zazen (sitting meditation). Additional offerings include a devotional service, dharma talks by visiting teachers, group discussions, practice circles and retreat nights. There are no membership requirements to participate. We invite donations to support the room rental, visits by teachers, and other sangha activities.
“The sound of the valley streams enters the ears. Lamplight pierces the eyes. Beyond this, not a single moment of thought.”