Some UPCOMING EVENTS ~
- May 13 – Meditation Instruction (6 pm) for those who are new to our practice forms
- May 13 – Retreat Night
- May 20 – Way-seeking Mind Talk by Doralee Grindler Katonah
- May 27 – CLOSED FOR MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY
- June 1 – Dharma Calligraphy: Create Your Own Scroll with Rev. Val Szymanski (9:30am – 4:30pm) Register on Eventbrite.com
- June 3 – Dharma talk by So-on Jim Hare
- Thursday morning Zazen and Tea (6 -7:30 am)
- Thursday morning Study Group (8-9 am)
Please go to our Calendar to see and download all listings.
Valley Streams Zen Sangha is dedicated to the study of Buddha’s teaching and the practice of meditation. We invite newcomers and experienced Zen students to join us.
Our sangha is maintained by a community of people who have traveled many different paths. We come together to support each other in practicing Buddha’s way.
The highest value of Buddhist practice is to shine the light of awareness on habits of mind that perpetuate prejudice and discrimination so all may wake up together. This includes learning how we are conditioned to separate ourselves by race, gender, age, ability, sexual orientation and other forms of cultural identity.
Valley Streams Zen Sangha is affiliated with the Branching Streams network of the San Francisco Zen Center. Our forms and practice are inspired by the teachings of Shunryu Suzuki Roshi.
Our Monday night programs always begin with zazen (sitting meditation). Additional offerings include a devotional service, dharma talks by visiting teachers, group discussions, practice circles and retreat nights. There are no membership requirements to participate. We invite donations to support the room rental, visits by teachers, and other sangha activities.
“The sound of the valley streams enters the ears. Lamplight pierces the eyes. Beyond this, not a single moment of thought.”