Valley Streams Zen Sangha
Soto Zen Meditation in Sacramento
Valley Streams Zen Sangha is dedicated to the study of Buddha’s teaching and the practice of meditation. We invite newcomers and experienced Zen students to join us. If you are new to Buddhism and Zen, we invite you to visit our “What is Buddhism?”, “What is Zen?” and “How to Participate” pages.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly recommended.
- Masks are not required but anyone who chooses to wear one is
supported in that choice.
- Please do not come if you are ill or with symptoms of a viral
- Meetings are in-person and via Zoom.
- If you are able to choose how you participate, we encourage you to
come in-person as it offers unique benefits to an individual’s
practice and to the development of Sangha life.
Connect With Us
Recent Dharma Talks
- September 11th, 2023 – “Buddha’s Insight” – Dharma Talk by Myo Lahey
- August 28th, 2023 – “Remembering Myogen Steve Stucky” Dharma Talk by Rev. Renshin Bunce
- August 7th, 2023 – Dharma Talk by Rev. Mary Mocine
- August 5th, 2023 – “Entering the Door of Liberation” – Dharma Talk by Rev. So’on Jim Hare
- July 31st, 2023 – Dharma Talk by Robert Rosenbaum
- July 24th, 2023 – “Right Speech” – Dharma Talk by Rev. So’on Jim Hare
- July 10th, 2023 – Dharma Talk by Myo Lahey
- July 1st, 2023 – “Cultivating Intimacy” – Dharma Talk by Rev. Parāvṛtti Doralee Grindler
- June 26th, 2023 – “Enjoying Tranquility” – Dharma Talk by Shōku Kathy Early
- June 19th, 2023 – “Way Seeking Mind Talk” – by Malia McCarthy