While we must keep our doors closed until social distancing guidelines are relaxed, we encourage everyone to join our online programs regardless of where you may live.
Please sign up for our Weekly Emails to receive the Zoom Meeting ID# for each program. → Right side of this page – Calendar
~ Upcoming Virtual Events ~
• Monday Evenings – 6:50 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
September 28 – Dharma Talk by Rev. Myo Lahey
October 5 – Way-seeking Mind Talk, by Brett Gardali
October 12 – Dharma Talk by So-On Jim Hare
October 19 – Dharma Talk by Guest Teacher Hoka Soko Chris Fortin
October 26 – Dharma Talk or Practice Circle, by Paravrtti Doralee Grindler Katonah
• Introduction to Zen Meditation – Second Monday each month, (Sep. 14; Oct. 12) 5:45 – 6:30 p.m.
• Zen Study Group– Every Thursday, 7:50 – 9 a.m.
Ongoing online meeting of the Valley Streams Zen study group.
To join this group, contact Rollin Ives at email@example.com
October 10 – Half-day Sitting, led by So-on Jim Hare. Watch for details.
- To join via computer, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB)
- Sign up for Weekly Emails to receive Meeting ID number for each program.
- To join by telephone, call 1 669 900 6833 and follow the prompts for entering the meeting ID number. The one tap mobile numbers will be included in Weekly Emails.
- Download SFZC Chants in PDF for Monday night programs.
Valley Streams Zen Sangha is dedicated to the study of Buddha’s teaching and the practice of meditation. We invite newcomers and experienced Zen students to join us.
Our sangha is maintained by a community of people who have traveled many different paths. We come together to support each other in practicing Buddha’s way.
The highest value of Buddhist practice is to shine the light of awareness on habits of mind that perpetuate prejudice and discrimination so all may wake up together. This includes learning how we are conditioned to separate ourselves by race, gender, age, ability, sexual orientation and other forms of cultural identity.
Valley Streams Zen Sangha is affiliated with the Branching Streams network of the San Francisco Zen Center. Our forms and practice are inspired by the teachings of Shunryu Suzuki Roshi.
Our Monday night programs always begin with zazen (sitting meditation). Additional offerings include a devotional service, dharma talks by visiting teachers, group discussions, practice circles and retreat nights. There are no membership requirements to participate. We invite donations to support the room rental, visits by teachers, and other sangha activities.
“The sound of the valley streams enters the ears. Lamplight pierces the eyes. Beyond this, not a single moment of thought.”