Valley Streams Zen Sangha
Soto Zen Meditation in Sacramento
Valley Streams Zen Sangha is dedicated to the study of Buddha’s teaching and the practice of meditation. We invite newcomers and experienced Zen students to join us. If you are new to Buddhism and Zen, we invite you to visit our “What is Buddhism?”, “What is Zen?” and “How to Participate” pages. You are also invited to attend a 40-minute Introduction to Zen Meditation which meets in person on the second Monday of each month.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly recommended.
- Masks are not required but anyone who chooses to wear one is supported in that choice.
- Please do not come if you are ill or have symptoms of a viral infection.
- Meetings are in-person and via Zoom.
- If you are able to choose how you participate, we encourage you to come in-person as it offers unique benefits to an individual’s practice and to the development of Sangha life.
Connect With Us
Recent Dharma Talks
- October 23th, 2023 – “Roam and Play in Samadhi” – Dharma Talk by Rev. So’on Jim Hare
- October 16th, 2023 – Civil Rights Pilgrimage with Rev. Parāvṛtti Doralee Grindler Katonah and Malia McCarthy (Part 2)
- October 9th, 2023 – “Guided Medicine Buddha Meditation” – by Susan Farrar
- October 7th, 2023 – “Sitting in the Light of Wisdom” – Dharma Talk by Rev. So’on Jim Hare
- October 2nd, 2023 – Civil Rights Pilgrimage with Rev. Parāvṛtti Doralee Grindler Katonah and Malia McCarthy
- September 25th, 2023 – “Run Silent, Run Deep” – Dharma Talk by Rev. So’on Jim Hare
- September 11th, 2023 – “Buddha’s Insight” – Dharma Talk by Myo Lahey
- August 28th, 2023 – “Remembering Myogen Steve Stucky” Dharma Talk by Rev. Renshin Bunce
- August 7th, 2023 – Dharma Talk by Rev. Mary Mocine
- August 5th, 2023 – “Entering the Door of Liberation” – Dharma Talk by Rev. So’on Jim Hare