- This event has passed.
Dharma Talk by Zenju Earthlyn Manuel (ONLINE)
August 31 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Guest teacher, Rev. Zenju Earthlyn Manuel, of Still Breathing Zen Meditation Center in Oakland, will lead our meditation and offer the dharma talk. Rev. Zenju is a dharma heir of Buddha and the late Zenkei Blanche Hartman in the Shunryu Suzuki Roshi lineage through the San Francisco Zen Center (SFZC). Her practice is influenced by Native American and African indigenous traditions. She is an author, poet, teacher, artist, and drum medicine woman. The essence of her transmissions come together in her talks and books. The Deepest Peace: A Season of Contemplation and Stillness (upcoming by Parallax Press, Fall 2020); Sanctuary: A Meditation on Home, Homelessness, and Belonging, The Way of Tenderness: Awakening Through Race, Sexuality, and Gender (print and audio) and Black Angel Cards: 36 Oracles and Messages for Divining Your Life.
• Dana for her can be offered through: PayPal.me/Zenju
*To join the meeting by computer, you must install Zoom software:
- Sign Up for Weekly Emails to receive each Meeting ID#
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you “Wait for the host to start the meeting” click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/[Meeting ID]
- The program will begin at 7 pm with this approximate schedule:
20-minute sitting; 5-minute chant; announcements; then a 30-40 minute Talk/Discussion, about 1.5 hour total.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID#.
- The one tap string of numbers are included in the Weekly Email.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute
We will continue to monitor local health advisories regarding group meetings. We of course hope to be able to resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so.