- This event has passed.
Welcome Back Practice Circle (in-person & online)
July 5, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
After zazen, we will hold a memorial service to remember all who have died or lost loved ones to the virus. For the practice circle, we explore the question “How has the pandemic affected your practice life?”
This is our first IN-PERSON Monday night meeting since the COVID-19 pandemic began. We invite you to join us in whatever form gives you comfort and joy. We strongly encourage everyone to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with CDC guidance, we will not require masks for vaccinated people. However, we encourage mask-wearing by anyone who feels more comfortable doing so. Should any unvaccinated person choose to attend in person, we strongly encourage you to wear a mask for your own protection. We will continue to offer a Zoom or Livestream option for people who live far from the zendo or who choose not to attend in person for any reason. A system for broadcasting events from the Dharma Center has been assembled to facilitate this.
- Meeting ID for Monday Evenings: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82008151977
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you wait for the host to start the meeting, click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting.
- The program will begin at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 30 minute sitting; 5 minute chant; announcements; then a 30-40 minute Talk/Discussion.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID and password.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute