- This event has passed.
Dharma Talk by Anbo Stuart Kutchins (in-person AND online)
July 12, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Anbo Stuart Kutchins has been practicing Zen since the early 1980’s. He shares the path of practice with his wife and fellow priest Ninen Carrie Kutchins. They ordained in 1994 with their principal teacher Tenshin Reb Anderson and lived in the San Francisco Zen Center community 1994 – 1999, at Tassajara Zen Mountain Center and Green Gulch Farm. In 2009 Anbo returned to Tassajara for six months to serve as Tanto. Anbo is currently the guiding teacher for the Floating Island Zendo in Pt. Reyes and the Mountain Source Sangha in Bolinas. He will join us online from his home in Inverness.
Our Monday night programs begin with zazen (sitting meditation) followed by a devotional service and dharma talk, group discussion, practice circle or retreat night. There are no membership requirements to participate. We invite donations to support the room rental, visits by teachers, and other sangha activities. Valley Streams Zen Sangha is dedicated to the study of Buddha’s teaching and the practice of meditation. We invite newcomers and experienced Zen students to join us.
- Meeting ID for Monday Evenings: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82008151977
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you Wait for the host to start the meeting click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting.
- The program will begin at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 30 minute sitting; 5 minute chant; announcements; then a 30-40 minute Talk/Discussion.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID and password.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute