- This event has passed.
Way-Seeking Mind Talk by Richard Hicks (ONLINE)
June 14, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Each of us has come to Zen practice as a seeker, with a spirit of inquiry. We all arrive at Valley Streams Zen Sangha from diverse backgrounds. The idea of our way-seeking mind talks is for members to share how it is they came to practice. Each person tells his or her own story in a unique way that often blends autobiography, spiritual biography, and the practice questions that each of us is engaged with.
Our Monday night programs begin with zazen (sitting meditation) followed by a devotional service and dharma talk, group discussion, practice circle or retreat night. There are no membership requirements to participate. We invite donations to support the room rental, visits by teachers, and other sangha activities. Valley Streams Zen Sangha is dedicated to the study of Buddha’s teaching and the practice of meditation. We invite newcomers and experienced Zen students to join us.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we meet online using Zoom video conferencing software. We will resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Meeting ID for Monday Evenings: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82008151977
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you Wait for the host to start the meeting click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting.
- The program begins at 7pm with this approximate schedule: 30 minute sitting; 5 minute chant; announcements; then a 30-40 minute Talk/Discussion.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID and password.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute