- This event has passed.
ONLINE – Writing & Sitting Together at our Dharma Gates
April 3, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join us for this shared opportunity for growth and development, co-led by Doralee Grindler Katonah and Linda Dekker. We will come together for one hour, with a guided writing time as the preamble to a 20-minute zazen practice; followed by another guided writing time, and then time to share. With pens and silent stillness, we will open our hearts to the dharma gates arising in the moment and journal before ‘sitting’ together and after our ‘sit’.
During this challenging time our possibilities for spiritual development and greater aliveness continue. In the words of Beth Jacobs:
“Deep experience is beyond words, but writing doesn’t just convey information. It causes things to happen, things that change both the writer and the reader forever.” (from A Buddhist Journal – Guided Practices for Writers and Meditators, Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books, 2018)
*To join the meeting by computer, you must install Zoom software:
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you “Wait for the host to start the meeting” click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Meeting ID: 963528048
- At 11:50 am, join the meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/963528048
- If you cannot download or run the application, you can join from your browser. (Using Chrome seems to work best.)
- The program will start at noon and go for about 1 hour.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- call 1 669 900 6833 (Milpitas)
- At the voice prompt, enter the Meeting ID: 963528048
- Controls for phone: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute