- This event has passed.
What can the coronavirus teach us? A Buddhist perspective, by David Robert Loy (moved from April 20)
May 4, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Dr. David Loy will offer his teaching online using Zoom video conferencing software. Full instructions for joining by computer or phone will be sent via our Weekly Email. *You may offer a donation to the teacher by clicking on the Donate button at the bottom of this page.
David Robert Loy, PhD, is a professor, writer, and Zen teacher in the Sanbo Zen tradition of Japanese Zen Buddhism. He is a prolific author, whose essays and books have been translated into many languages. He is on the advisory boards of Buddhist Global Relief, the Clear View Project, Zen Peacemakers, and the Ernest Becker Foundation. David is especially concerned about social justice, activism, and ecological issues, and authored Ecodharma: Buddhist Teachings for the Precipice.
*To join the meeting by computer:
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you “Wait for the host to start the meeting” click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Meeting ID: You must be on our mailing list to receive the Meeting ID. It will be sent to you in the Weekly Email on the day of the event.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/[Meeting ID]
- If you cannot download or run the application, you can join from your browser. (Chrome or Firefox works best.)
*To join by mobile phone (audio only):
- Dial 669-900-6833 and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID.
- The one tap string of numbers are included in the Weekly Email.
- Controls by phone: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute