- This event has passed.
Healing the World: Dharma talk by Konjin Gaelyn Godwin (online)
May 11, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Konjin Gaelyn Godwin, Abbot of Houston Zen Center, Director of the International Division of Soto Zen, and teacher in the Suzuki Roshi lineage will offer the Dharma Talk tonight. During the current pandemic, we will meet online using Zoom video conferencing software. To receive the Meeting ID# and password for each meeting, please Sign Up for our Weekly Emails.
*To join the meeting by computer, you must install Zoom software:
- Sign Up for Weekly Emails to receive each Meeting ID#
- Prior to the meeting, download the free Zoom Client for Meetings (13 MB) As you “Wait for the host to start the meeting” click the Test Computer Audio button to make sure you can hear and be heard by others.
- Download the chants in PDF.
- At 6:50 pm, join the meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/[Meeting ID]
- If you cannot download or run the application, you can join from your browser. (Using Chrome or Firefox works best for this.)
- We will start at 7pm with this approximate schedule:
20 minute sitting; 5 minute chant; 10 minute Dharma talk, 20 minute Discussion/sharing, then announcements – about 1 hour total.
*To join by telephone (audio only):
- Dial 669 900 6833 (San Jose) and follow voice prompts for entering the Meeting ID#.
- The one tap string of numbers are included in the Weekly Email.
- Phone Controls: *9 = Raise hand; *6 = Mute/unmute
We will continue to monitor local health advisories regarding group meetings. We of course hope to be able to resume our in-person programs as soon as it is safe to do so.